Car Buying Q & A

QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Negotiating. (had a little trouble understanding your site info)

Hello. I promise I read all the appropriate topics on your site :) , but I still don't really understand the best way to negotiate when you're paying cash. Here is my specific situation:

I am going to a dealership in northern Virginia that is an hour away to look at (definitely will buy if its a good deal) a car that I really want. it is a certified 2005 cadillac srx with 31,100 miles. its in seemingly very good cond., and priced below most others I've seen advertised. ($14,795 including a 6/100 B2B warranty that expires 3/2011) According to the carfax report (provided free on autotrader.com) it looks like the dealer has owned it for 2 years...could that be right? Is that why it's priced low? The dealer said the warranty can be deducted for $900.

If that's not a big red flag, my question is, what should my final offer really be? and what do I say other than telling them I haven't decided about financing?

I think I should pay $13,000 including the warranty. Is that reasonable? and if so, should I start with a lower offer?

Here's a link to the auto trader listing.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=260991996&dealer_id=565544&car_year=2005&rdm=1239756410454&model=SRX&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=75&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=CAD&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=14795&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=21045&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=14795&cardist=29&standard=false

Thank you in advance for reading my loooong question!

Re: Negotiating. (had a little trouble understanding your site info)

Sorry to take so long to answer your question as I been away for a few days. If your questions are not yet solved I suggest you send me an email to paulsenray@yahoo.com wth a phone # , and best time to call, as you're questions will be more easy to explain.

also provide the link again as I could not open. On a funny note I happened to pass through northern Virginia at the time of your post on the way to Canada.