This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Purchasing Domain on Bravenet & pointing to Wix site

I want to purchase a domain name on Bravenet and have it point to my Wix flash website @ www.wix.com/depictprints/prints, but I'm not sure if I can do this or not. I know that bravenet doesn't have flash capabilities and I also read somewhere that you can't point a domain to a / site. Yet the wix site says it can be done. This is what's posted on their site - "When pointing, your domain stays at your domain host and points to the Wix servers. Your domain host remains in control of your domain records (DNS).

In three quick steps:
1) Purchase a domain from a domain registrar.
2) Ask your domain host to point your domain to the Wix IP: 216.139.213.144.
3) Go to your Wix Domain Manager (My Account > Manage Premium > Domains) and add your domain."

Will I be able to purchase the site through bravenet and point it to my site and still have it work? Or would it be better to purchase the site elsewhere?

Browser: Firefox

Re: Purchasing Domain on Bravenet & pointing to Wix site

Hi Lisa!
I used to have my own site at Wix, but I quit this platform because flash sites have too many restrictions, for example they are not displayed if a person hasn't flash installed in his/her browser, and flash sites can't be optimzed for SE as well. So I moved to standalone site. Anyway, since you prefer Wix I can't see any problems for you to buy a domain name from any provider and point it to your site at Wix. It doesn't matter that Bravenet doesn't support Flash, I guess. You just buy a name from them, but your site remains the same at the same place, so nothing's gonna happen to it. But if you doubt, maybe it would be better just to contact the support services of both Wix and Bravenet.
Take care and good luck)

Adela, from iPad development