This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
web design program/software

Long story short...I am a self-taught designer. I initally created my classroom website with Frontpage to have that program discontinued, so then I used SharePoint Designer to re-create my site again. I have upgraded to Office2010 and don't have the same SharePoint anymore and the new version won't open my website (probably because it isn't technically a SharePoint site).

I need a new program with an easy learning curve but will allow me to do a lot too! My website is a learning tool but I don't want to redesign or have learning a program take more time! Recommendations needed!!!!

Browser: Internet Explorer

Re: web design program/software

NVU is free and is pretty easy to use

You may want to take a look at OpenOffice.org, it's free package and well supported. Amongst it's many features is a simple WYSIWYG web site builder.

Browser: yes

Since Frontpage is no longer, I had to resort to Microsoft expressions 4 . They tried to make this program look and feel like dreamweaver, but less complicated.

It's okay, but not like Frontpage was. There is also Contribute Cs5 but again way over priced for what I need to do.

I wish they make something that is affordable and less complicated.

Browser: firefox

Not sure what you mean by FrontPage being "discontinued". I have used FrontPage 2003 since, well, 2003 with no problems. I do stay away from FP extensions.

Maybe not discontinued, but my school upgraded to Office 2007 and Frontpage was no longer included while SharePoint was.

Not sure what you mean by FrontPage being "discontinued". I have used FrontPage 2003 since, well, 2003 with no problems.

I have a number of items around my house that have been discontinued by their manufacturers. It doesn't stop me using any of them, I just can't buy new ones.