This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Can I use a free site template from another site?

I can't find a website template that really looks the way I want it to on Bravenet. I've seen free templates on other sites that do not offer hosting, etc. Could I use one of those templates here?

Re: Can I use a free site template from another site?

You can design your site anyway you want.

If you use bravenet's editors you are restricted to what they have.

If you use Dreamweaver or something else you can design your site freely with no limitations.

So as said up to you how you want to do your site

Guess I'm stuck with what they have, then. Thanks for your reply.

OK, the only reason for your reply is that you don't own your own PC and are using the on-line editors from publicly available computers at a library or internet cafe.

For anybody else you are NOT stuck with what Bravenet offer. You are totally free to use any of the multitude of free or paid for editors on the market or even to hand code your html in Notepad.

I own 3 computers, thank you very much. I just don't know what the heck I'm doing here. Going to a website & building one are two very different things. I did my best to try to work with the tools on Bravenet, but I guess I'm just not smart enough to do it--scratch that. Not having knowledge & experience is not an indication of intelligence. With that being said, I'm fed up with Bravenet. Can't even find a place on here to cancel. I sent an email to cancel. I'm going back to Vistaprint, where I started, which was soooo easy, EVEN FOR ME! The only reason I left was because it didn't have all the tools I needed. Now, I understand that I can get those from other places and add them to my site after I'm finished with the tools they offer.

Thank you for your reply, Peter. Have a great weekend.

Kitten

I don't know, but I'm having fun trading-up from one pixel to whatever people trade with me. Go to www.onepoorpixel.blogspot.com to read the story. email me at onepoorpixel@gmail.com if you have something to trade with me, and please let me know what you have. Thank you