This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
designing a website that is a storefront....

Kind of Frustrated as I would like to add pages to my site, have shopping carts, ability to click on a (button) title and go to that particular page...so people can view and order if they like...I can't find any information on how to do that, where can I go for help? (when I have no clue what I need to be doing?)

Shirley

Re: designing a website that is a storefront....

Sign up with Paypal. Once your registered, it's just a matter of copying and pasting codes. What kind of webdesign program are you using?

Re: Re: designing a website that is a storefront....

Going thru bravenet using the Pro template...Checked out your web site and it is awesome for e-commerce...did you do it all thru bravenet? Do I need to get a book on building a site? I guess I'm just not savvy enough to figure this out but I can't seem to find information on the bravenet site to help.....Thanks

P.S. Is a sub-domain just another term for having more pages on your site?

when you register for a free site with Bravenet, or any other free host, you are given a sub-domain name. They have the registered domain name and you are part of them and they provide you with an Account Manager. Having more pages is just, having more pages. I don't remember hearing a term for it.

There are three issues:
1. Your customer facing website
2. Your "shopping cart" which actually builds up the customer order
3. Your payment provider, which may be a bank or a third party service like PayPal.

If you already have a real world business that accepts credit cards then contact your bank or acquirer about what they provide.

Start by finding a suitable payment provider, then see what shopping cart work with them (they may provide something, you may have to buy something). Then build it all into your site.

I use paypal for shopping cart on my site. It works well, was easy to set up (just copy/paste the code they generate after you fill in the blanks, product desc. price, etc.)
Your buyers no longer need to be paypal members to use the service. i.e. anyone can buy from you with a credit card. You basically just put an "add to cart" button next to your product and their program does the rest.

Thanks for all the information!!!