Return to Website

SEPARATE WAYS Message Board. A place for fans of Separate Ways to post.

SEPARATE WAYS Message Board. A place for fans of Separate Ways to post.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Open Arms?

All I can say about this tribute is... It rocks! Do you think you guys could do "Open Arms" and upload the full song as MP3? I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Open Arms?

Thanks for stoppin' by!!!!! We don't have the song recorded, but we do do it live. Who knows......if enough people yell loud enough.......ya neva know!!!!

Thanks for the kind words......we appreciate it!!!

Kevin Bryan

Re: Open Arms?

We'd love to be able to upload the full song as an MP3 for you. Since I record all the shows live, I may be able to upload just the sound of "Open Arms" from my digital camcorder to a CD Rom and give it to our webmaster to have it put on our website.

Please keep posted.

Frankie

Re: Re: Open Arms?

Thanks a bunch. Please do try and I'll just check back every now and then

Keep rockin'

Re: Re: Re: Open Arms?

Hey guys, any updates on "Open Arms"?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Open Arms?

I did record our last performance live on video and the video contains Open Arms. However, I can't seem to find a way to download just the "sound" of the song to my hard drive without downloading the video at the same time too. Also, even if I wanted to email you our live video shot of the song being performed, I couldn't becuase it would be too much data (sound & video) to be emailed. I have to find a way to just send you the sound clip via email. Otherwise, I can ask the boys to try and record it in the studio but even that is not a "live" version. I'll keep trying for pal!!!

Frankie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Open Arms?

I actually have a method of getting just the sound w/o video.

1.Download the video to the hard drive, then download a program called EO Video at http://www.eo-video.com/, and it's free.
2. Open the video file in EO Video, and click on the "Converter" Tab at the bottom.
3. There are two tabs, "Video" and "Audio", un-check Video and leave Audio checked.
4. Click on the Audio tab (not the check mark).
5. Click on "Output Format" and select "WAV" from the menu.
6. Click on "Compression" and select "MPEG Layer-3" from the menu.
7. Now click on "Sample Rate".
8. Change the sample rate to 24,000 Hz.
9. Change the channels to stereo.
10. Now click on "Output", a button on the left side of the screen.
11. Click on "Browse" and select a destination folder for the song.
12. Type an output file name (probably openarms)
13. Click on "Convert", a button on the left side of the screen, under "Output".
14. Click on the "Convert Now" button and wait for it to convert.
15. When it is done, go to the destination folder.
16. The file will be in .WAV format, so you need to convert it into an MP3.

Thanks for the time!
JourneyFan