QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saab 9-3

Hi, Ray... love your website. I am turning in my first car and this is all new to me. The lease is up next week. Saab just mailed me the lease kit explaining what is normal wear and tear along with the measurements that are allowable for scratches, etc. I will not receive the mail in time before the lease is up so I am not sure what to check for (I don't want to get hit with a big bill at the end of course.. and they don't inspect the car ahead of time-- I asked). I searched the Internet to see if they have the checklist of allowable / non chargeable scratches, etc.. and found nothing). Can you please help? Also, the car is from 2005 and I have about 20,000 miles on it (allowable miles is approx. 30,000). If there are scratches, etc.. will it cost less in penalties if I have not used a lot of the allowable miles? I am pretty much out of time before I have to turn in the car. Thank you very very much.
D

Re: Saab 9-3

""" will it cost less in penalties if I have not used a lot of the allowable miles?"""
No matter what the miles, it does not come into play

When you return vehicle to the dealer make sure you get a copy of dealers visual inspection before you leave. from there contact me if you dont agree when final inspection report is recived , returning a leased vehicle can have many complications and loop holes, I hope to have added a web page on the matter in the near future.

Thank you for your reply and help. Do you know of a checklist on the Internet that will tell me what is allowable for wear and tear? I do have a scratch on the car that concerns me and a tiny crack in the windshield.

There is no real check list on the Internet, just lots of thinks to look out for, every Mfg has a diff set of rules, and the inspector doing yours will file a report for head office which will be forwarded to you with their asking cost factor, which you can negotiate, most consumers dont know how and will accept, again I state when you get yours and your not pleased lets take it from there when the time comes

You have mentioned the scratch twice which make me sure it's not the type where your nail dont get stuck running your finger down it, which means major surgery ?
The crack in the windshield is what concerns me the most if it got hairlines beyond ¼ inch it most likely can't be blow in and will need to be replaced.

Dee... Take it back the way it is, and if your report comes back nasty, I will email you personally to get you out of a jam,,, now enjoy the rest of the weekend and may your next car be financed ,,,lol

There is no real check list on the Internet, just lots of advice, every Mfg has a diff set of rules, and the inspector doing yours will file a report for head office which will be forwarded to you with their asking cost factor, which you can negotiate, most consumers dont know how and will accept, again I state when you get yours and your not pleased lets take it from there when the time comes

You have mentioned the scratch twice which make me sure it's not the type where your nail dont get stuck running your finger down it, which means major surgery ?
The crack in the windshield is what concerns me the most if it got hairlines beyond ¼ inch it most likely can't be blow in and will need to be replaced.

Dee... Take it back the way it is, and if your report comes back nasty, I will email you personally to get you out of a jam,,, now enjoy the rest of the weekend and may your next car be financed ,,,lol