Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2001 grand cherokee

Ray:

just wanted to say what a fantastic site you have here. a plethora of info. here is my scenario

2001 limited..73k miles.
asking 8800 for vehicle. bought at an auction. carfax is clean. i will be paying cash through already obtained financing.

in general how much profit is usually built into a used vehicle. if i had to guess? since it is an auction vehicle i would imaging 2-3k?

using those figures i would offer them 7.5k out the door tax tags and title. any suggestions?

Re: 2001 grand cherokee

Hey Chris, thanks for your comments and sorry about a delayed answer as I am on winter vacation with a laptop that's got a mind of it's own and don't want to coporate.

There is nothing wrong with your thoughts, did you read this webpage
http://www.usedcartips.org/fairprice.html along with checking through autotrader.com what this type vehicle is selling for in your area with same type miles ?

It's a must to make deal subject to an independent inspection, you don't need hidden surprises down the road.

Re: 2001 grand cherokee

oh i've researched the crap out of this vehicle. i have come to the conclusion with jeeps that it will be a roll of the dice. pertaining to rotor and window regulator issues. i have found all the fixes for em if it would happen. i was just merely curious if my guess at 2-3k profit markup was on point?