Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
buying a car

HI,

this is my first time buying & I have 8,000 to 8200.00 to spend. I want the highest yr. possible & lowest miles but now see that this amount buys little . Hondas/toyotas are too high unless older with high miles.No clue if buying a camry or civic with 70,000k or more or less is a good deal for 8,000 or less.I know they last forever but after that many miles other parts of the car could go out & be pricey with the defrost/cooling/heating or other. No clue if a hyundai sonata with 50,000 miles is a good deal as I want to keep a car at least 10 yrs. The 06-07 taurus is a great deal but hate the looks, same with corollas. The 04-05 saturn L300 is in my range with under 45k but would it be reliable for 10 yrs? sentras from 05-06 are in my range but I heard they eat brake pads & alternators & I'm on a budget..LOL
Mazda 3's are too pricey as well from 05-06..& generally have 70,000k or less. The older buicks are too boring looking so there goes buick. So, does it make more sense to get an 04 or less camry with 60-80k with my 8,000-ish or opt for a newer yr. sonata or 04-05 saturn L300 with under 50k..& yes, all would be well cared for or I wouldn't even look...thanks

tina

Re: buying a car

Wow, Tina, I love your post, you have done your homework asking a question before the fact, and not after asking how to get out of a messy deal.

I like your picks and agree with you about the Saturn, without having to go into long detail simply stay away from the Saturn, finding a car in your price range that will last another 10 years is a real longshot, if you can get 3 to 4 years without major mechanical problems mission accomplished.

Let's do this, find a car you like and send me a link, I will guide you through the process getting a fair deal along with looking for red flags.

PS... You don't like the looks of the Taurus, ok I accept that answer, what about the Focus hatchback to small in size for your lifestyle ?... both these vehicle's are every bit as good as any import for less money.