Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
signed bill of sale, want to back out

Hi there,

I am in Ontario, Canada, and on Thursday I signed a bill of sale for a used car at a dealership. Financing went through, and I've come to realise that I just can't afford a car right now. The car has not left the lot. Is it possible to back out and just lose my deposit, or can they force me into taking the car now?
Thanks for any help,
Chelsea

Re: signed bill of sale, want to back out

Hi Chelsea, the dealership can't force you to take the car, you may loose your deposit, but that really depends on what type of quality dealership your dealing with, some play hard ball, while others will let you of the hook, did you phone to find out where you stand ?

Don't forfeit your deposit just yet, it's your hard earned bucks. I got no clue as to how much deposit involved or whom the lender is.?

You have in Ontario " OMVIC " google for answers for you question " you will find the law says a seller is only allowed to charge for expences incurred

yes I phoned them, I am waiting for the owner to be back on Wednesday to discuss it with him. Just wanted to find out if they could force me into still taking the car. My deposit was for $500.

I have had personal conversation with Chelsea whom is a student, and am happy to report the dealership in question refunded her deposit.