Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I want my C$500 deposit back!

Hi,

I've recently moved to Ontario and been looking around for a decent used car for up to $10,000. Last saturday, I visited a big local Honda dealer to looked at the Civic or Accord. The prices of those cars were too high for me, so the salesman showed me a 2005 Nissan Altima instead of Honda cars. The original price tag showed it was over $17,000 and the salesman lowered the price to around $12,000 so that the overall cost including tax was about $14,000. Even though the higher price than I planned, I was excited to the amount of discount, so signed the agreement and paid $500 deposit with Visa.

Later when I came back home, I regreted it was too much price for me. I looked at internet car sales sites and found out the purchase price was not that good after all. Most of all, that was too much expense. So I decided to cancel the purchase and buy other car fittig my budget.

Next business day was Monday, I called the salesman and left a voice message on my decision. Shortly, visited their office to tell them about it. Late afternoon, one of the them (it's the salesman's boss) called me and said they won't return the deposit. I insisted my right but they also insisted that the monye's theirs since the deal had been done, I had signed on the agreement, and the money had been paid. Later I talked with the salesman over the phone, and got the same answer. Emailed them, and got the same reply.

Please could anybody let me know. How do I claim the money back?

Thank you all,
H.J.KIM

Re: I want my C$500 deposit back!

Read the entry below this one dated Feb 22/09, It's the same Question

If there is Financing involved and the bill of sale has to be adjusted in any way, then your not obligated to sign, and entitled to a full refund.

wow! it's so quick reply.

I read the previous article on Chelsea. The difference was, there was no financing applied for me. I was going to buy the car with cash in full.

Thank you,
H.J.Kim

sorry to say home Depot & Wal - Mart is not where you been shopping,,, hey, don't feel bad, it's a lessen learned I am sure will never happen to you twice.

Oh, by the way, if you did end up having to forefit your hard earned bucks and want to get even with the dealership getting them some real negative Internet hits let me know, leave your phone # at paulsenray@yahoo.com along with your copy/paste question, I will then contact you to let you know how it works.