QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need to find the best option to get out of my car loan

I have a 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK 500 with 75k miles. Great condition and runs like new. My only problem is that I just bought a new home and I cant afford to pay $560 a month on a car note and $160 on insurance.

This vehicle is causing a problem in my wallet and I need to find a solution or I will have to do a repo on it. I owe 30k on the vehicle and the blue book value is at 23k.

Anyone with any good ideas please let me know. My email is gosey_travon@yahoo.com

I wish I could sale this vehicle at 23k but this economy is not allowing people to spend that kind of money right now.

Re: I need to find the best option to get out of my car loan

If you want photos of my vehicle, here is the link

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/1081684999/seimn

Re: I need to find the best option to get out of my car loan

Selling the Benz at whatever price below the outstanding lien will be your major problem as new owner will not be able to obtain a clean title unless you can come up with the difference to pay out the lien.

I realize your in a bad situation, but the repo should be the very last out as this will wreck your credit score for years to come.

Contact the lender, and lay your cards on the table and ask if possible to re- finance amount for a longer term to lower the payments within your budget, if the lender is within range make an appointment to meet eye to eye as this will be more effective than a phone call where it's easy for the lender to brush you off.

A very last choice will be to re - finance your home, hope this helps.