Car Buying Q & A

QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How close are "internet prices" to invoice?

I am looking for an 08 ford escape right now, and have been using internet car searches to help me find this model in my price range. Most of the prices ive seen are just under $16k for 08 models under 30k miles. I went to a dealership advertising two 08 escapes for under $16k and tried haggleing them down to somewhere in the high $14K- to low $15k region and they were not having it. My buddy went a few days later to take a look at the car and try his luck at talking the price down but they woudln't budge. So my question is this, how do you know what is a realistic price range to offer for a car?

i've been having a hard time finding invoice prices for used 08 escapes in order to find a baseline to go off of for my offer. The edmunds TMV for this car is around $17k but ive found at least 20 listings around my area for this car at under $16k. 1. It seems most internet invoice price estimates are out of date and 2. How close are these advertised "reduced" and "internet prices" to the cars invoice value? Thanks alot

Re: How close are

how do you know what is a realistic price range to offer for a car???????????

When they let you walk, it's your turn at the plate to counter...