QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dealers auctions..

Ok, so Iv'e heard you can find great vehicles at great prices at these auctions. An old friend of mine went to one with his uncle a few years back, got a great deal on a lease turn in. How do you go about getting into one? I read that you were involved in auction buying so I thought Id ask. Also, where are you located?

Re: Dealers auctions..

You cannot get into a dealer auction without a dealers licence, the few buyers that sneak someone in to buy a car stand to loose their licence, must be hard up for cash, and not to good at buying cars.

As for public auctions, read the link in navigation " beware buying from public auctions "

I am located in Ontario during the summer and FL most of the winter.

What a weird changing of events, I asked you this question two days ago and my dad turned knowing an owner of a local auto broker. He said that his friend will take me and won't charge me. I know its against policy like you said, but hey.. its worth a shot. My question to you is.. I just want to get a feeling of what is selling at these auctions. If you can give me a list of recently sold, prices, and mileage from the Chicago location Mannheim auctions... Either in Alsip, or Bolingbrook. I would greatly appreciate it Ray.

I appreciate your question, sure I could provide you with a list of recent sold units at any Chicago dealer auction as I got access to all auctions in North America, but that would leave me chopped liver from any internet dealer auctions " hope you understand "

But I can tell you this much without getting into problems with your question, every vehicle purchased at a dealer auction " example " dealer buys at $14,000, the average for recondition is $ 800. plus auction fees and having vehicle delivered we are now looking at $ 15,000 to $ 15,300.

A fair asking price would be $ 18,900. and it now comes down to how good you are a chewing down that profit.

PS,,, If you went shopping at Home depot, would it be fair you got a copy of invoice cost ????

Thank you, I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but understandble. I have found a forum that deals with this kind of thing and users are posting sold unit sheets. Thank you for your time.