Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dealers auctions..

You cannot get into a dealer auction without a dealers licence, the few buyers that sneak someone in to buy a car stand to loose their licence, must be hard up for cash, and not to good at buying cars.

As for public auctions, read the link in navigation " beware buying from public auctions "

I am located in Ontario during the summer and FL most of the winter.

What a weird changing of events, I asked you this question two days ago and my dad turned knowing an owner of a local auto broker. He said that his friend will take me and won't charge me. I know its against policy like you said, but hey.. its worth a shot. My question to you is.. I just want to get a feeling of what is selling at these auctions. If you can give me a list of recently sold, prices, and mileage from the Chicago location Mannheim auctions... Either in Alsip, or Bolingbrook. I would greatly appreciate it Ray.

I appreciate your question, sure I could provide you with a list of recent sold units at any Chicago dealer auction as I got access to all auctions in North America, but that would leave me chopped liver from any internet dealer auctions " hope you understand "

But I can tell you this much without getting into problems with your question, every vehicle purchased at a dealer auction " example " dealer buys at $14,000, the average for recondition is $ 800. plus auction fees and having vehicle delivered we are now looking at $ 15,000 to $ 15,300.

A fair asking price would be $ 18,900. and it now comes down to how good you are a chewing down that profit.

PS,,, If you went shopping at Home depot, would it be fair you got a copy of invoice cost ????

Thank you, I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but understandble. I have found a forum that deals with this kind of thing and users are posting sold unit sheets. Thank you for your time.