Car Buying Q & A

QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
can they charge me more than sticker price?

long story short.

bought HHR 19,700. sat. night. papers written were stated miles at 10. Actual was 899, so we did not want car based on too many miles to be a 'new' car.

They offered to get us another car same color blue I wanted. But were unable to locate one before closing that night. Left with car we signed off on with promise of getting car exchanged monday (gen sales manager working with us).

Come Monday, no car avail told to ck lot of comp HHR. Found a HHR classic 19,500, things looked fine until I insisted someone explain the 'classic' dif to me. Four ppl did not know, including sales mng one guy from back goes out looks at car returns, talks to manager next thing we know they insist on adding 2700+ for wheels. making our payment go up another 50.00. They would not negotiate. We stated our case that this was perhaps unethical and maybe even illegal and were told it was his biz and he can do whatever he wants. Offered to take off wheels and replace with same factory as first HHR. We were unhappy about it all.

Is this legal?

Re: can they charge me more than sticker price?

It's legal, the dealer simply wanted to exchange the upgraded package to what you purchased, to bad you almost got away with a sweet deal till you put your foot in your mouth,lol

Had you taken delivery of vehicle with all paper work done and dealer wanted vehicle returned to exchange tires, that's not legal

Re: can they charge me more than sticker price?

Thanks for the reply.

However the sticker price was 500.00 less than what we paid for the (un) classic version. Therefore, we feel what they did was highly unethical.

Our legal dept are involved at this point and so is Chevy customer support. They seem to think we got a bad deal as well.

Just wondering if this is normal procedure to strip off parts when the sticker price of the HHR classic is already 500 less than we we paid.
Seems to me they forgot to add in their own charges?