Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
UK Citizens buying in the US

Hi there,
Having just finised university in the UK, myself and two friends are coming to the US for three months to drive across the country. We fly into new york in january and will leave in april from LA. We would like to buy a car in new york for the trip but are unsure how to tex the car, get it insured, get the plates for each state we enter etc and find out anything else we need to know.

Thanks
Tom

Re: UK Citizens buying in the US

Hey, Tom,,, I been through this type question a few times before where someone comes from europe to visit the US for a few months thinking buying a car is the answer.

If you're staying only 3 months, renting a cheap vehicle from " example " Rent a Wreck may be a better idea when you add up all the negative factors VS positive, I note this trip is not to happen till Jan/10, correct ?

With time on our hands before this trip is to take place, I will locate some of my old posts on this subject when I have more time on my hands I will email , if you like, in the meantime, when you say buy a car, what kind of budget were you thinking, along with your thoughts are to sell vehicle in LA ?,,, It sounds easy , but it's not.

You don't need plates for each state, lol