QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hey ray, what do you think about this Altima?

I could not open the link you provided, send it in an email

Email sent..

You could not get an answer on remaining warranty " makes me laugh " an honest seller will provide an in service date up front provided there is nothing to cover.

I am not 100% sure but I will phone the dealer as something I found in the listing is not kosher in my mind compared to some of their other listings, now if you're a smart cookie study some of their other listings on autotrader.com compared to this one, and tell me what I found ?

I will post my summary after conversation with dealer

Other cars similar are running a few thousand higher in many of the car sale sites. I was a bit weiry... but mabe they need to unload? What did you think? You said you were going to ring the dealer..

Good thing you reminded me to call, it had slipped my mind.

I don't know how some dealers sell cars not having answers up front, but thats part of the game when you are asking about a car being sold not certified " that alone sends red flags " if you look at the fine print for this car it states some vehicle's sold " as is "

I also asked about the warranty and had to phone back and still did not get the answer I was looking for " the in service date " that will tell me the full balance of warranty dates remaning.

When a dealer advertise a car in the fine print not certified, it becomes a leverage to tag onto the $16,995 or the car simply needs to much work, in this case I am sure it's the leverage the dealer is looking for along with other undisclosed fees. I am told one owner no accidents.

If you want to persue you know the steps having studied the website.

I didnt end up goin for it, just smelled to fishy.

Ray, So I actually went and checked it out. Didnt't look to bad, but the numbers didn't match at all. he started in the twenties. I brought the ad in showing the ad price and he gave me some mumbo jumbo. Walked right out... So I've decided to go a different route. Lets see if you can help.

I know this a used car forum, but I think I may go with a new Altima. 2009 nissan Altima 2.5 S sedan. Convenience package, spoiler, mats etc. SO my question is... What do you think realistically I could get the car for, the lowest possible. The total MSRP says 23,705 So I figure a 12-20% haggle off that. Nissan then has a $1,500 cash rebate avaialble, along with the C.A.R.S $3,500 rebate I would qualify for. So realistically, what do ya think?