QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What to offer

We are looking for a second smaller car for city driving. We own a 2004 Impala. We recently test drove a 2009 Pontiac Vibe priced at $19000, and a 2008 Mazda3 sedan priced at $18000. Both have about 26000 km on them. We want to make an offer on the Mazda as it is a luxury model with sunroof, leather seats,etc. It ALSO has an extended warranty for another 5 years. We really would have preferred a hatchback model but this seems like too good an offer to pass up.

What would be a reasonable price to offer? The dealer just recently reduced the prices on ALL their used cars from $500-1000 each for a Back to School sale. I am wondering if we have much room for negotiation at this price? Any info would be appreciated.

Carol

Re: What to offer

As for the dealer just recently having reduced the prices " back to school sale " that statement is a joke, every dealer claims prices have been reduced, did you read the web page " scams " with all the special sales dealers jam down consumers throats.

As for a reasonable price - I cannot say as I don't know your postal code for prices in your area, also if you can provide the dealers name or a link for these vehicle's, I then may be able to make further comments.

Email this information or post, your choice.