Car Buying Q & A

QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Received a Rescind letter at 10 days & Dealer Fought to make me sign new Contract

On 9/12/09 I signed into contract to trade my 08 GMC Acadia for 23300 (even trade) and purchase an 06 Mazda 3. (In California) At 10 days I received a notice of election to rescind. I called the finance department and they said they were waiting on an answer from another finance company but would call me back. I decided to just return the Mazda and get my Acadia back as well as deposit. The finance guy had the papers there and was upset when I told him I was returning the car. I looked it over-not thoroughly but he kept pushing that he reduced the payment to 270. (the intrest rate was way higher than in the original contract) After signing the retail installment contract he gives me an acknowledgement of rewritten contract which states they removed the optional warranty in order to finance the car. I felt stuck because i signed the contract. Do I have any standing to get this second contract cancelled and my trade in back. I just signed the new contract 1.5 hours ago.

Thank-You!

Re: Received a Rescind letter at 10 days & Dealer Fought to make me sign new Contract

Did you navigate to " Beware the type contract you sign " listed under navigation ??? written by a CA lawyer about the RIC

You were in the clear till you signed the new contract, now it's a new ball game