Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2001 GT Convertible Salvage Title

PS,,, As a matter of interest this vehicle being a GT Mustang, did you ever check Insurance rates or have any idea what the cost is ?

Insurance isn't really a issue same with paying for the car im not really in a bad position where im struggling on money. I don't need the car I want the car and Mustangs can resale. It depends on the buyer ive seen Mustangs sell for ALOT of money but down where I live we have things like Mustang week probably about 3,000 Mustangs gather and people buy, sell and trade clean titled and salvaged titled cars up to the point of original sticker value. I mean to sell a Mustang GT with a salvage title only a Mustang GT person is going to look at it and understand that a salvage title doesn't mean anything because theirs thousands of Mustang enthusiasts and its not really like a Honda Accord or Kia. If you restored a Kia nobody is going to look at it, but when your selling a American Legend you have a whole network of people that will buy that car. The things I plan to do to the mustang is really completely change the car redo everything on the outside and soon inside just do things that will make the car a "Mustang".

BUT $6500.00 hmmmm and the damage isn't just cosmetic and I said that above it started as cosmetic til I checked it out. Then realized it was things from chipped paint to cracked bumper to the car overheating and being un-drivable. I see the car being worth something in the long run but is their room for negotiation even if the dealer paid 5860.00 for the car. Before we went into the dealer I had a amount that id pay for the car in my head 5350.00-5700.00 then he hit me with that sheet and it kinda made me feel sorry for the guy cause he actually paid that much for that car ((5960.00)). I mean I might pay the 6500.00 but I really want to see if I could talk him lower. Or if he could have lied and pulled that sheet out of know-where and is trying to fool us. I told him my opinion on the car that I didn't want to go belly up but id be going belly up paying 6500.00 on a car that's worth 4500.00 id lose that money instantly...Even though I would make it up in the end I don't want someone screwing me out of 2,000.00

As a matter of interest I know the Mustang re-sale market quite well as I still have a 1966 Mustang Coupe 289 that I bought back in 1979, all original with rare Mfg A/C inslalled and still working, but would I consider a salvage Mustang at any price " no thanks " no matter what the price.

Hey it's your money, do what you want, you asked for input and got my 2 cent worth.

I just wanted to know is their room for negotiation. I appreciate your 2 cents though, wish I had that 1966 but I mean if the dealer paid that much for the car and wants 6500, that to me is still to much but his inventory sheet said he paid 5960 can I can get less than what he paid for the car since it was his mistake for paying to much?

Did you read the web pages " how dealers negotiate " and " how you should negotiate " ?

If you did I would appreciate your input, as to what you don't understand about how to get the best price ? I may have to rewrite some text in these windows so consumers can get a better understanding as to what I am trying to get across. what explanations may or are missing, thanks.

As for seller showing you his cost, take that with a grain of salt.

I understood what you were saying I actually read your whole website and found it VERY helpful, but I feel like my situation is different since im going to be asking about 500.00 under what he bought the car for. Its not like he has a new car that I can negotiate it to the invoice and him still make money he wouldn't be making any money from the car if I negotiate lower, I dont know if thats fair or if I was in the right to ask for the cars price to be lowered OR if hed even agree. I don't want to ruin a relationship with a dealer who has been very nice to me and not to mention his son is friends with my father. If theirs a chance he could accept my offer then ill pursue it but if theirs no way then im not going to look like a jerk to my dads friend and walk.

I got him down to 5300.00 with tires ((4 of the same)) lining for the windows, new water pump and some other fun stuff((not warranties or fabric protection)).

I went and got my own financing so when I told him either you take what the bank will finance or ill have to walk. He buckled. I think his inventory sheet was a lie and he added another kid that lives in a town called Florence which is 2+ hours away to the triangle of drama. He said this kid drove down and wanted to buy it, I told him to let the kid have it and he panic-ed said that I was looking at it first and he was obligated to sell it to me first but the kid was wanting to pay full price for the car I would have taken the 9995.00 over the 5300.00. So not really a good family friend crazy how people will try to manipulate you into buying something, im glad I turned the tables on him and got a good deal though. First Project car and I cant wait to start!

You are a diamond buying a car having done your homework, and I am very happy to see someone that takes some proper steps.

I wish you luck with your toy, and a vision of you and your new pride in an email picture will top it..... good luck