Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2001 GT Convertible Salvage Title

As a matter of interest I know the Mustang re-sale market quite well as I still have a 1966 Mustang Coupe 289 that I bought back in 1979, all original with rare Mfg A/C inslalled and still working, but would I consider a salvage Mustang at any price " no thanks " no matter what the price.

Hey it's your money, do what you want, you asked for input and got my 2 cent worth.

I just wanted to know is their room for negotiation. I appreciate your 2 cents though, wish I had that 1966 but I mean if the dealer paid that much for the car and wants 6500, that to me is still to much but his inventory sheet said he paid 5960 can I can get less than what he paid for the car since it was his mistake for paying to much?

Did you read the web pages " how dealers negotiate " and " how you should negotiate " ?

If you did I would appreciate your input, as to what you don't understand about how to get the best price ? I may have to rewrite some text in these windows so consumers can get a better understanding as to what I am trying to get across. what explanations may or are missing, thanks.

As for seller showing you his cost, take that with a grain of salt.

I understood what you were saying I actually read your whole website and found it VERY helpful, but I feel like my situation is different since im going to be asking about 500.00 under what he bought the car for. Its not like he has a new car that I can negotiate it to the invoice and him still make money he wouldn't be making any money from the car if I negotiate lower, I dont know if thats fair or if I was in the right to ask for the cars price to be lowered OR if hed even agree. I don't want to ruin a relationship with a dealer who has been very nice to me and not to mention his son is friends with my father. If theirs a chance he could accept my offer then ill pursue it but if theirs no way then im not going to look like a jerk to my dads friend and walk.

I got him down to 5300.00 with tires ((4 of the same)) lining for the windows, new water pump and some other fun stuff((not warranties or fabric protection)).

I went and got my own financing so when I told him either you take what the bank will finance or ill have to walk. He buckled. I think his inventory sheet was a lie and he added another kid that lives in a town called Florence which is 2+ hours away to the triangle of drama. He said this kid drove down and wanted to buy it, I told him to let the kid have it and he panic-ed said that I was looking at it first and he was obligated to sell it to me first but the kid was wanting to pay full price for the car I would have taken the 9995.00 over the 5300.00. So not really a good family friend crazy how people will try to manipulate you into buying something, im glad I turned the tables on him and got a good deal though. First Project car and I cant wait to start!

You are a diamond buying a car having done your homework, and I am very happy to see someone that takes some proper steps.

I wish you luck with your toy, and a vision of you and your new pride in an email picture will top it..... good luck