QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
used suv pricing, domestic vs. import quality

You have a very informative and comprehensive website with lots of great tips, I have two questions: 1)If I see a 2001 Mitsu Montero limited with every option and under 100k miles at a dealer and they are charging $10k would it be unreasonable for me to ask them to bring the price down 20% to $8k if I'm looking to pay cash considering that I have seen some of these same trucks on the internet selling for between $7&8,000 as opposed to 10k. Is there any chance in hell that a car dealer will reduce the price of a vehicle 20% if your paying cash? 2)I was thinking of purchasing an 02 olds bravada from a dealer, it looked really nice and had low miles, the dealer (in Las Vegas) was asking just under 10k for the truck however I told him I'm paying cash and wanted it for at least 8k total. He refused to go lower than $8700 total with all fees and I didn't feel this truck was worth it because I've read on the internet that it has lots of mechanical and quality control problems such as airbag suspension and differential dying out way too early. I saw one olds bravada at another dealer being sold with a sagging rear end due to defective rear airbags. Do you think the dealer could have gone lower to at least 8k because I have seen other 02 olds bravadas for 7k or so and also do you think that an 02 bravada is worth buying or would it be better to go with an import such as a nissan or infiniti? IF he was selling the truck for 10k how much do you think he paid for it himself, they obtained it from a customer trade in. Appreciate any info you can provide me with.

Re: used suv pricing, domestic vs. import quality

It's not unreasonable asking for a 20% discount, getting it becomes another matter as many factors come into play, under Navigation, did you read this link ? " How Do You determine A fair Price for a Used Vehicle.

Paying cash don't hold water, under Navigation surf to " paying cash ,what's your best price'

When looking to buy 01 - 02 cars, the #1 factor becomes CONDITION, not - make - model - price -

As for how much dealer may have paid for a vehicle selling for 10K,,, could have been 6 to 7K, recondition anywhere from $600. to $1200.