Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Canadian -looking for used 2009 rental Toyota Sienna LE from USA

I know Autodome quite well as I transfer between Oakville and Florida every year, I can only say good things about Autodome.

However, personally would I buy a U.S. vehicle in Canada, the short answer is " no " I don't have a problem with former rentals vehicles being a year old, I think it's a valid buy, but for me it would be a former Canadian rental.

Toyota USA and Toyota Canada are two seperate company's , and in some cases one won't cover the others warranty, call Toyota Canada customer service to find out if balance of warranty will be covered in full "
Don't ask the dealer and get a song and dance, find out from the horses mouth " I say this because as an example if a dealer imports Ford's from the States only the powertrain is covered not the basic 3yr warranty. Every Mfg differ.

One last thought, if your only going to keep the Sienna 3 or 4 years the re-sale value will hit you hard, on the other hand if your plans are long term, then who cares.

PS,,, When you say they admitted it was a rental, LOL, it's because it's law through OMVIC to have vehicle on bill of sale as a rental,

Ray , thanks very much !.. I was there (Autodome)today and tested it on a highway , side streets etc..very smoooth, clean engine/transmission ..but a bit "plasticky " feel ..( dashboard etc).The sales person was extremely patient , we liked that very much , had most answers to our questions..He also asked for a small deposit $300 but we declined as we need to think about it a bit more ...he was a sport and did not push much ..
.. than, in the evening someone from Dodge Dealership called me to confirm they have great 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3.3 flex(28 k km),one owner, Toronto, so I went to check it out with wife, looks pretty new gave it a quick spin, feels sturdy but kinda pleasant - if you do not look at harsh black plastic on dashboard-and the swithces.. ( it was already dark ) but when asked they wanted "only" $17600 CDN + Admin fees, PDI ( why do they want PDI -isnt that for new cars only ) so they arrived to $18300 + 13% tax =$20,630. Now the salesman appeared relaxed and friendly but when asked if they provide finance and what rate answer was 7.50%.When I questioned could there be a better rate negotiated, as this one is outta question , all of asudden he opens and gives advice that they can get us 5.79% variable on 60 months.. now.Also He promissed over phone ( caled me few days over last week about this one) Alloy rims and there were not just basic , so when confornted, he apologized and just continued talking about features ( not so many, side mirrors not powered, second row stow and go, very basic ..but has good safety feaatures(airbags all over )
If you can spare some time , I would really appreciate your opinion on how much of a deal I can expect to get at this time of year ( few days b4 xmass)as I would not mind driving my kids around in it, I had a number in my head and ti was $18000 taxes and everything .. So I asked for VIN ( he said they provide report as a dodge dealership automatically) butstill wanted to check it out and found that this VIN has 4 events ..He also confirmed to direct question that vehicle was never in an accident or damaged ..
So we said thanks , as its dark ( 7PM here is night ) and that we really do not lik ethe price , he seemed surprised , and as we were leaving did not say anything except ..thats it ..? maybe I should have mentioned my offer maybe not .. but the whole visit was about 20 mins ..
sorry for all the text , if you can let us know
all the best and thanks again
Rad.

Ray one more thing:

For Dodge GR Caravan SE he also said there is ( he was reading from a - purchase receipt or something like that), bumper to bumper warr remainder until oct 2010 and powr train to Oct 2012

Yes We would consider keeping this vehicle as a family workhorse and not re s sell it
also definitely would get my mechanic to check it out (for that shopping list) but after we negotiated the best price :)

cheers

R

Yer I guess you're running out of time if you want a vehicle before x'mas, if you want email a phone #, I will be at a dealership in Burlington tomorrow morning and will call from there.

Ray that's awesome -
I have a problem with Outlook , has an error every time I try to send email direct to you from here(I think its on my side , its Microsoft product what can I say), could you send a quick blurb email to my rgtvmedia@gmail.com , and I will reply with ph # from there straight away ..
much appreciated
R.