Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Car Contract....addendum from Dealership

Hi there,
My wife just purchased a new RAV4 Toyota. Her income isn't great but her credit was reasonable. My income is great....but my credit had been destroyed. My wife signed the contract and we have had the brand new car for 12 days. Today, the sales man wanted me to come in and sign "something" that he would send to the bank to show that our household income was great. However, since this is over the 10 day "Dealer can cancell the contract" timeline.....I wonder what he is up to?
Does this give me negotiating room for a better interst rate on my wife's 9% interest rate? If they do want to re-write a new contract,does that mean that they can cancell it within a new 10 day timeframe? I'm reasonably satified with the contract hat we signed 13 days ago.....but if the dealership wants me to come in and sign that our household income income is more than my wife's because I make much more than she.....does that give me "wiggle-room" to ask for perks such as free-maitenence and a GPS for her car to sign off on this? The bottom line is the the dealership signed the contract over 10 days ago....and even had a copy of my paystub (even though my wife bought the car). I got a weird call from our salesman today saying that I had to come in and sign papers to veryify my income. Well, if that is the case....then the dealership obviously didn't get the financing....and want to include my income in the equasion. I have no problem with that....but, if they want something from me.....I want something from them....like life-time service for free, more floor mats and a GPS.
I believe that the Dealership dropped the ball....the 10 day cancellation period passed....and they want me to sign something to cover themselves. I'm not going to do it without getting something out of it....What do you guys think?
-Thanks,
John

Re: New Car Contract....addendum from Dealership

Sorry for a delayed answer , I been away a few days, before I answer your excellent detailed Q,,, is there anything new that have transpired before I post my thoughts ?