QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dealer did not honor advertised price

On 12/27 my son totalled my 9 month old Accord. On 1/19 I went to a local Nissan dealership for the 3rd time ready to purchase a 2010 Nissan Maxima that my husband and I had been eyeing. I printed out the dealers advertisment showing a price of $27,334 and brought it with me. Once I mentioned it to the salesman, he said there would be fee added to that price which I suspected anyway. Tag/title/tax, warranty, gap insurance, etc. After 3 gruelling days of test driving several cars on lunch hours and after work, we decided to go ahead and get the Maxima. My husband signed the paperwork and we drove home. The next day I went back to the dealership to ask why the price on the top line was $32050 instead of $27334. I was told that price would reflect any extras that were listed on the Mulroney sticker in the window of the car. Only there weren't any extras. After emailing the sales manager for an explanation, he replied to an email I sent him asking for an saying that there was a $2500 rebate that had already been subtracted from the $27334, an $1195 appearance package and $299 etc. He then told me that the top line figure was correct and he could offer me a $2.70 refund! I asked him to explain what these items were on my vehicle. I have not heard from him since! What can I do?

Re: Dealer did not honor advertised price

I been trying to read into your Q and am a little lost, your husband signed the paperwork, that right there is a commitment, I will walk you through the Mulroney sticker if you care to send me an email and best time to call