QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trading (newer) Used for (older) Used

I currently own a 2006 ford focus. The car is not working out for me as I am an avid snow-sports enthusiast and am in need of an AWD vehicle for the winter months.

I just got a new job and will be making a good enough amount of money to afford a used car that will be more than sufficient for my needs.

Currently I am looking at 1999-2001 Subaru Imprezzas and Outbacks. I can get them for about $5000. With the research I have done my focus has a resale value of $7500 but would probably be sold for somewhere around $6800. As an individual seller I could make about $5200 since my car is in excellent condition minus one keyed scratch on the back bumper. I would probably be willing to go down to $4800 to sell it.

What I would really love to do is just trade my Focus for whatever used car I end up going with. Is it possible to trade one used car for another? What is the procedure for doing so?

Only interested in how to deal with dealers.

Re: Trading (newer) Used for (older) Used

Yes you can trade with a dealer up and pay the difference or down and dealer will cut you a cheque.

All the answers you're looking for are posted in the website, find the time to study and if confused post specific questions, for starters navigate to, what's my trade worth and how to negotiate.