QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Salesman going back on Car Alarm

A few days ago me and my mom closed a deal with Maroone Toyota on a 2008 Toyota Corolla LE/CE/S (not sure which one) for about 13000 and they were gonna include power door locks and alarm with the car. Now we are calling the dealership to get the extras installed into the car but they are giving me trouble with installing the alarm. They will install the power locks for free but they said that they can't install the alarm because it will cost them too much money. Also they said that because in the confusion of the negotiation process they offered the alarm by mistake and they will eventually lose in the entire deal. I have in my hand a slip that says that within 30 days of car delivery Maroone Toyota owes my mother 1 car alarm with power locks. I don't see how the salesperson could say anything else other than complete his promise to us. The other thing that ticks me off is that we got Lo-Jack, which is a car-recovery service in case your car gets stolen, and this makes up for the car alarm being excluded which I think is wrong since we paid for Lo-Jack rather then got that for free.

The other thing I don't like is the fact that the salesperson said that if we don't let go of the car alarm being included that we just make it simple and return the car to the dealership and cancel the entire deal. I think he can't do this because we closed the deal, put money down, got insurance on the car, registered it and everything. Doesn't he have an obligation to fulfill his promise?

What do you think? Is there anything I can say that could make this man listen to me and do what we expected him to do?

Re: Salesman going back on Car Alarm

Don't let the dealer get away with this, the fact you got it in writing makes it binding. Tell them you will not bend and will persue legal advice no matter the cost as you feel confident it will be at their expence.
In this website under navigation on the left scroll down to " got a dispute " and send a copy of your post.