Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Should I buy a salvage title car?

Hi,
I am interested in buying this car. What is your opinion of the pictures of this restored minivan? I would not be able to afford to buy this make/model/yr if it were not a salvage vehicle. Buying salvaged makes it affordable. I can get a great van to carpool for way less..I need your help. Thanks. Soccer mom http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/1873717499.html

The seller sent me the pictures of the damage to the car via autocheck. The roof was caved in from tree damage.

Re: Should I buy a salvage title car?

You may be asking the wrong guy, personally I would not consider buying any Salvage, I did look a the link you provided, let's assume the seller will take close to $15.000, that is about half the normal asking price, nice saving except for that nasty word SALVAGE.

Seller claims vehicle was never in a collision accident " OK " but it has had severe roof structural damage, that would be on my mind driving down the why at 70 miles an hour knowing parts of the frame has been second hand welded - patched together

If you buy this vehicle make sure to tell the other soccer moms their kids will be transported in a vehicle with a Salvage title.

Chances are excellent vehicle will not have any issues down the road,,, but then consider the day may come when you want to trade or sell this vehicle ??? Salvage buyers will pay you penny's on the dollar,,, but then again you could get lucky finding a pigeon like yourself.

For what you are willing to pay I would consider a 2007 Ford Freestar, it's in your price range to obtain a fully loaded with a clean title and low miles