Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
10 Day Cancellation by Dealer

Hi Mr. Ray,
I just purchases a Ford Explorer. I was notified by the dealer on day 13 to return the car. I went in yesterday and reminded them it was 13 days and I was not returning it. They then told me they found a credit union who will finance me at a slightly higher rate. In order for this to work the dealer lowered the price by $1,300.00. They want me to sign a new contract and now to also sign the 10 day cancellation box on the new contract. I told them I do not want to sign the 10 day cancellation box but they said it is required. My question is: if I sign that box on the new contract can they send me a letter three days from now and ask me to return the car and do I need to sigh "the box"? I also asked for proof the credit union did purchase the contract. At this point I really don't trust the dealer even though it is a large dealership.

Re: 10 Day Cancellation by Dealer

Your ip address shows CA,,, did you read this link on my website http://www.usedcartips.org/installment.html

Without seeing or reading the fine print it's kind of hard for me to make a call, but I assume you signed a " Retail Installment contract ? "

Should you not feel safe making a move, in the web page I provided contact a lawer, it's free advice.