Car Buying Q & A

QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
want a used car that seems to be a little rare.

I have been looking for just the right car and found the right model/features/price I like, but they seem to be very few and far between.

I looked online and there are only about 35 listed in the whole U.S. Am I going to be able to negotiate when I go in to buy or is the low supply going to make this a seller's market?

The car I like is a 2006-2007 Infiniti M35x (AWD) with navigation and under 85,000 miles. I find it listed between $17k and up to $25k.

I would like to get into one for around $18k, every one out there is over 100 miles away from me and I think they will read that I don't plan to make repeat trips and will not budge.

Any advice appreciated.

Re: want a used car that seems to be a little rare.

I guess I should clarify.

The ones within a reasonable distance from me are priced around $19k to $19.5k

Provide a link of one you would consider, and at what price ? and I will check it out for red flags

thanks,

Here's one that seems priced a little better than comps for the year and miles.

http://edmunds.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=291642916&dealer_id=65765809&car_year=2007&doors=&systime=&model=M35&search_lang=en&only_photo=1&start_year=2006&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=used&distance=300&min_price=&drive=All+wheel+drive&rdm=1293113285780&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&fuel=&keywords_display=&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&make3=&showZipError=n&make2=INFIN&certified=&feature9=navigation&engine=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=distance&max_mileage=100000&address=43065&color=&sort_type=distance&model2=M45&max_price=20000&awsp=false&make=INFIN&seller_type=d&num_records=100&cardist=269&standard=false

That link was kind of long.

Here is the link from the dealer's website too.
http://www.mokenamotors.com/INVENTORY/tabid/59/vsid/2/itemid/53/Default.aspx

Thanks for your help.
And great and informative website by the way.