Car Buying Q & A

QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Should I buy a car with accident in history?

Hello,

I'm looking for a 2 doors, and found a nice Audi A4 Cabriolet but there's only one thing about it: the AutoCheck says it had an accident in 2006, when it had 26,000. It's 74,000 mi now and only has 1 owner ...

Should I go further with it or should I look somewhere else?

Re: Should I buy a car with accident in history?

It's added another 48K with no problem, if there was one I am sure it would have surfaced long ago

However if you have done your homework on my website, you know the next step before you purchase ? what is it

I sent you a link to that car via email. If you have sometimes, can you take a look at it?

I did some research on the price, it's a reasonable asking price. Only thing is their carfax conflict with my autocheck report.

I will test drive the car tomorrow before negotiate the price and take it to the mechanic inspection.

I got the link, must admit it's a good looking vehicle, the Test Drive process through this website and an independent mechanical will decide the final chapter " negotiations " good luck

Ray, thanks for your advice

Is there anyway I can find out what kind of accident it was involved? I'm not sure if it's worth.

Should I take it to Firestone and have them inspected ($130) or to a Audi-specialized place which will cost much more ($250-$300)?

In the accident report it sometimes show amount of repair along with what was repaired " but " in many cases this will not be available " we are pioneers in a system that has not been 100% perfected as yet.

As for your inspection " give your head a shake " you are investing thousand of dollars, and yet trying to save a few bucks by letting the inspection be done by a shop that don't have the expertise or the proper equipment to analyse internal problems should there be any.

You know what, Ray?

The only reason I don't wanna share your site with people is that I'm afraid once your site is popular, dealers will come up with new tricks :D

Anyway, I'm going to test it today, thank you very much