Car Buying Q & A

QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frusterated Buying a new import/domestic!!

Ok I know Toyota doesn't discount their window price. What its says on their company website is what you pay. Unless they throw in some mud flaps or something. Are all imports going this way??

GMC is the opposite it seems they have this inflated list price then have all these "rebates" and even then they come down some.

I kind of like the Hyundai Veracruz SUV. This SUV I have found out will be discontinued after 2011 due to its dismal sales. Its Hyundai's worst seller by far. I have found new 09's on dealer lots even. What fursterates me is they want basically list price or at least thats what they tell me. No wonder they have so many 09's and 10's on the lots!

I have located many used Veracruz's at other car dealers (not hyundai) that seem like a much more reasonable price. I'm seriously concidering buying a used one with low miles off another dealer's lot or privately.

Hyundai has a 5 year warranty would their be issues with that being transfered over to me if I don't buy through a Hyundai dealership?

My fear of buying a new one is with Hyundai dropping them and bringing out something better probably in a couple years a Veracruz which is already very unpopular will be work next to nothing in 4 years

My 2nd choice for an SUV are a Chevy Suv. I read online owner forums they have many expensive mechanical issues and not to buy the older ones, stick to new with warranty. So thats why I'm leaning towards Hyundai as they have a long warranty and friends say they are good cars.

Re: Frusterated Buying a new import/domestic!!

To each his own,,, the best in the class you're looking at,,, IMO,,, ESCAPE

Too small and no 3rd row for all the kids. However the 2011 Explorer would do the trick quite nicely. Looked one over today, going to take one out for a drive. Only concern is I sort of hate buying the 1st year of a new model incase there is bugs to work out.

As for the Hyundai dealers I finnally got some results. I did some phoning to more dealers and got back much different quotes! Not sure if its just a way to get me to come to their store or what but the prices today are more realistic! Not sold on the Hyundia either now that I see this ford will work too now.

Who told you that Toyota doesn't discount from their sticker price? Toyota's Scion line will not discount from the sticker price but unless it's a regional thing Toyota discounts as much as they can/ or need to out here in the PNW. That said if you need a third seat I would stick with the explorer or even the Chev Tahoe...if you want a truly superb top of it's class SUV check out the Buick's ..Wow! I have been a dealer for many years (Chevrolet) and I would never buy a brand new vehicle ...remember when there are rebates on new ones that extra discount flows through to the late or same year models with very low mileage as well. What do I mean? I mean that when Ford puts a 3500 rebate on new 2011 Explorers then the wholesale (and therefore the retail) price of a 2011 Explorer with 5,000 miles falls by almost the same amount which it has to do in order to compete with the new ones. Make sense? Minus a major change in design I would look for a vehicle 1 yr out from the new ones with under 10k miles ...it will save you 1,000's, will usually be certified (better warranty than the new ones) and if certified it will possibly have a sub-vented (factory supported low) interest rate tied to it as well, it will still smell and drive like brand new but will be alot less money (usually) My own mother drives a minivan that fit those parameters when she got it. I was a Ford man before I bought into a Chevy store and if the Tahoe is too big then definitely check out the Buicks and the Ford Explorer...don't fool yourself about the explorers ...Ford has been cranking them out since 91 and any design upgrades have been tried and proven on the same platforms in different models or in europe ..