welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Going to buy a Used Car

It's a starting point - not an insult.

When you say OTD, I don't have a clue what the taxes - dealer fees - lic fees are,,, but a vehicle listed at 34K an offer about 2 to 2.5K less is a fair offer to start the ball rolling - how close you come to that amount will show how much homework you have done on this website,,,lol

I will be interested should you make an offer,that you post your experience and final numbers,,, thanks

I live in California. I'm using the information you posted as my bible. We'll see how well I retain the info when we go to the dealer today. Will post Out the door cost... Thank you very much!

Christina, if I am your bible buying a car " whatever transpires " you sleep on it before making a final move. If same offer not there next day,,, like the old saying goes,,, not meanth to be.

At the same time, the dealer may make contact with an even better deal,,, you are the buyer,,, you stay in control.

After visiting all Mercedes Dealers within 25 mi radius, we ended up going back to the original dealer that we visited a couple weeks ago to check their stock. They had the vehicle I wanted listed at $33,900 and negotiated it down to 31500..paying $35 OTD.

I wish more people would take their time like you have, instead of making mistakes, and then looking for answers from me.

Enjoy " bookmark site " till next time chow.

Ps,,, It's not really a matter of how much discount you got,,, but your money's worth,,, and I somehow know you did very well getting value.