QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Are "Manufacturer's Warranties" REALLY from the Manufacturer?

Mick
Hi there,

I believe you are always better to go with the manufacturers extended service contract. Based on your specific situation, if the extended service contract is offered through the VW Dealership and has the VW logo printed on the broucher, then it's a safe bet. Ultimately, worst case scenerio, if the "warranty" company goes out of business the VW selling dealer would be held accountable since they sold you the warranty.

To answer your second question, yes, most manufacturers are going this route and outsourcing the management of their extended warranty programs.

Safe motoring.
Mick
Paul posted an excellent Q,,,,,,,, with this answer to the question, it made me realize I have to re-write some contents to make it more understandable buying an extended warranty. Thanks Mick...

"if the "warranty" company goes out of business the VW selling dealer would be held accountable since they sold you the warranty."

Thank you, Mick, for your prompt and enlightening reply. I didn't realize the dealer would be obligated to honor the warranty if the warranty provider
folded. Is that provision normally written into the contract, or is it stipulated by federal law?

Paul,,, excellent follow up Q,,, after all my years in the business I also did not realize the dealer would be obligated to honor the warranty

It will be interesting to see if Mick can back up his statement by answering your Q,,, or if he is just another fly by night whom choose not to answer.