Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lost Title

I got a ton of questions, but need one answer up front - did you buy private or from a dealer.

As for you being in process to rebuild " stop wasting your time " the minute you get pulled over you better have your paperwork in order.

I somehow assume you will say from private sale and the seller is long gone from the face of earth ???

Yes it was bought private actually bought it from the side of the road while I was visiting CA. Its a 1966 Datsun Fairlady Roadster and is now roadworthy, with new brakes,tires and clutch as well as a complete top end motor rebuild all thats left is paint and new seat covers. I have an original License plate actually both from 1994 which was probably when it was last driven.I was given the title, but over the years now misplaced it, who knows I might still find it but have looked everywhere for it with no luck.

The problem here is the title never got transferred into your name, if you can't contact the previous owner we got a real problem.

Contact the CA - DMV,,, you will find a link if you scroll down the left side of this website.

Also google - " lost title " you will find some info.