QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stolen vehicle...

I have been looking to buy a Cadillac Escalade for the last few months and finally came across one that appeared to be a good deal. When I called the dealership, they were very upfront with me that this vehicle had been stolen, written off by an insurance company, and then recovered months later. Because of this, the vehicle was issued a Salvage Title out of Texas or Oklahoma. This 2007 Escalade has about 26,000 miles on it and was offered to me for $30,000...which is well less than what its worth. The dealer denied any damage of any kind to the vehicle. Its a tough deal to pass up...but not if its going to be more trouble than its worth. What can I expect with a vehicle like this? Would I be able to insure this car? Would I be able to buy a warranty for this vehicle to cover it? Just looking for some advice from an expert.

Re: Stolen vehicle...

A salvage title is not a tough deal to pass up,,, personally you may be asking the wrong person,,, I would not consider buying any salvage.

As for a good deal, how good is it really if you will be trying to re-sell down the road with a salvage title ?, 30G is a lot of coin,,, but if you can drive vehicle for 7 - 8 years with no problems your investment will have been valid.

Yes you will be able to insure, but as for a valid warranty,,, NO

If you're still hot to trot - make deal subject to an independent inspection.