Car Buying Q & A

QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How does the 3-day/150 mile money-back guarantee REALLY work with Autonation?

Hi Ray,

Thank you very much for running your website like you do and helping people; I really appreciate you and the time you offer to help us! I just bought a nice, used car (used 2009 Toyota Matrix with 19K miles) yesterday at one of the Autonation car dealerships, and actually left it parked on the dealer's lot because I am scheduled to pick it up today. The problem is that after sleeping on it and talking it over with my husband, I realized I agreed to a financing plan that is much higher than we originally wanted, and am now also thinking if I'm going to spend over 15K for a car I want to have every single detail exactly as I want it--it is not the color I truly want (but I'm willing to accept the color if there is a truly amazing finance deal), and it is also AWD, which I was not originally looking for and I know it has higher gas mileage because of it being AWD. My question is how do I best approach the Autonation dealership to request my money back / return the vehicle, and do you know if I will still be charged certain fees in the end anyway? Autonation's website does not have any clear information on this on their website so I was wondering if you might know more about their 3-day/150 mile money-back guarantee and how it works.

Thanks and hope you're having a nice 4th of July weekend, Ann

Re: How does the 3-day/150 mile money-back guarantee REALLY work with Autonation?

I don't know what is written in the fine print re - return policy, you will have to make the call, I will be interested to know outcome.

I checked for dissatisfied consumers, and sorry to say I found quite a few,,, as an example - GOOGLE - John Elway Auto Nation classic Bait and Switch Denver colorado

Re: How does the 3-day/150 mile money-back guarantee REALLY work with Autonation?

all ended well! i think my husband worked some magic with his serious nature and we must have been working with a good auto dealer because we returned and told them i wanted to learn more about the 3-day money-back guarantee and they ended up renegotiating the entire financing of my new car, to no money down and 3.9% financing and reduced the cost of my car--im sooooo happy!