QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Does how long a car has been sitting on lot affect price?

Facts,,, ME PA OH - former rental - 8 months on car lots with no takers. You did not mention miles, therefore I can't vision a price,,, not that it matters " simply stay away " I don't like the history report.

I should point out " lemon laws " only apply to new cars, not used.

Don't expect a better deal when the 2012 models arrive - that's not how the depreciation works with used cars, also vehicle being sold at a GM store or Ford store does not affect the price.

I appreciate your question, but at same time also know you have not taken the time to read through my site because all your questions would have been answered in one form or another,,, if you take the time and study the site and find something posted that you want a further explanation to fully understand, then please feel free to do so

The car has 11,500 miles on it. Here is the posting:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=290001952

There is a link to the CarFax report in that posting. The CarFax

You seem a bit condescending in your reply. I did read through your buying tips, that's how I ended up in the forums. I will admit that I did not read through all the posts in the forum, and I would hope that you would not expect someone to do that before posting.

I am sorry if I came across the wrong way, sometimes reading a question that to me seems like an easy answer I forget this is new turf for the asker.

After checking the history report I get a completely different picture than the facts I stated, and the only question now " why has this car not been sold in 8 months " ???

I don't want you to read the whole site to find the answer, lol, but when you find the time navigate to " how do you determine a fair price for a used vehicle "