QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bought Car from PA Seller- Not received the Title yet. Please help!

First let me say I am relieved you did not pay the seller to clear the lien, 20 days or more is quite normal as a matter of fact many transactions go beyond 6 weeks or more. I don't want to lecture you, but when you buy private you better have done complete homework, had you purchased from a registered dealer the waiting period may have been the same, but the dealer would have issued a temp sticker.

I assume you got a bill of sale - Take it to your local DMV and Jersey should issue you a temp in transit permit,,, I am not 100% sure because every state got different regulations, it may have to come from PA.

Under Navigation left side of screen scroll down to DMV Links,,, and do some homework on NJ and PA

Thanks again for replying Ray!
- Yes buying from a dealer definitely has less hassles. Had to realize it the hard way
- I did make multiple phone calls to PA DMV before purchasing the car and every time I was told the title would be mailed within 10 days or less.
- Thanks for the tip. I will try getting a temp permit from a PA DMV since I am quite sure NJ DMV would not give me one.
- Btw my bank has got a 'letter of guarantee' from the seller stating that he will make sure the paper title is available within 30 days from date the bill of sale was signed. I was wondering if this can be used to take legal action against the seller if the title does not get mailed within 30 days.
Finally I cant thank you enough for providing me with your valuable information.

It certainly can. Any agreement is immediately considered a contract and can be used in a court of law. It's good to hear that you've gotten it in writing that will play in your favor heavily.

I know this is delayed response, but I'm just now finding this forum. Are you able to update us on your situation?

Hi. I am looking for the same information and really feel glad that i visited this forum. Its not that easy to finalize the car loan company online. The three key points mentioned by you is really must. Thanks and keep sharing such more stuff.
---------------------------------------
Looking for Loan: caravan loans Australia | car loans