Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Buying a new car at an affordable price

You may perhaps find an 2011 Audi at a government auction but it will be used,could be a repo with very few miles like brand new or one thats been written of by an insurance claim,,,

Going brand new your best price will happen through free new auto quotes, note on the site I have listed the 3 best providers,,, your only cost will be your time,,, get a quote from at least 2

Hi Ray. Thanks for your input. I would also like to keep my old car too due to sentimental reasons. Is it a wise option to do so?

You touched on an area " sentimental " it really is a Q only you can decide,,, looking back there are a few cars I wish were still in my garage,,, but at the time, did I need the money,,, did I have the space.

If you feel the old car is part of you and selling price not acceptable keep it as a second driver while your new car used on perfect days only.

Hi Julian...Great News!

I am very knowledgeable in this area and I am going to tell you the truth! lol

First off, I used to buy cars off government auction sites several times a week. A short time later the auctions I was using to buy those cars started putting their auctions onto Ebay as well as their website. Since that time (about 6 mos ago) people with no idea what they are buying or what it's worth have been bidding used car govt auction prices 1-3 dollars beyond the vehicles worth. People loose their minds at an auctions and assume if it's being auctioned then its a good buy ...It's not. PLUS All of the cars being sold there are used!

What I would do if I were you ...is to NOT buy a new A4 ...I would go to autotrader.com AND Cars.com and find yourself a current model yr model or 1 yr out model, of the A4 you want ....and make sure it has under 10k miles if possible (should be easy) ... a low mile late model yr preowned car is by far a better value than a new one ..especially in audi's.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS sell your trade in your self on craigslist and pick up a couple of extra 1,000 bills ...then when buying the newer car to never negotiate while sitting at the dealership... get up and go home and do it via phone and email m thats all@!

Roger Alvey
Hi Julian...Great News!

I am very knowledgeable in this area and I am going to tell you the truth! lol

First off, I used to buy cars off government auction sites several times a week. A short time later the auctions I was using to buy those cars started putting their auctions onto Ebay as well as their website. Since that time (about 6 mos ago) people with no idea what they are buying or what it's worth have been bidding used car govt auction prices 1-3 dollars beyond the vehicles worth. People loose their minds at an auctions and assume if it's being auctioned then its a good buy ...It's not. PLUS All of the cars being sold there are used!

What I would do if I were you ...is to NOT buy a new A4 ...I would go to autotrader.com AND Cars.com and find yourself a current model yr model or 1 yr out model, of the A4 you want ....and make sure it has under 10k miles if possible (should be easy) ... a low mile late model yr preowned car is by far a better value than a new one ..especially in audi's.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS sell your trade in your self on craigslist and pick up a couple of extra 1,000 bills ...then when buying the newer car to never negotiate while sitting at the dealership... get up and go home and do it via phone and email m thats all@!

Hi Roger,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of touch for a while. Thank you for all the information, I will definitely take it to heart. :)