Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Demo Car of 2011 model when 2012 is already out

Hi,

How much should I pay for a demo car of 2011 model volvo C30. Since it has some 300 miles on it and is missing new features of a 2012 model like LED head lamps, audio streaming blue tooth and standard security alarm, how much should I ask for ? They put an MSRP of 31000 on that.

Re: Demo Car of 2011 model when 2012 is already out

I assume this car is brand new and never been registered ? if it has been registered what is the in service date ?

How am I to have an idea about price when I have not got a clue where you're located - what is you zip/postal code ?

Its located in SC/29607 and it has not been registered.
It has a mileage of 600 now and it has been sitting on the showroom floor the dealer says.

Also it has the below packages:
Preferred Package
Climate Package
Internal Styling Package
External Styling Package
Automatic Transmission

Your Q comes down to best value, personally I would get free quotes from providers through the Internet for the 2012 model and compare final cost,,, if you enter the dealership without some Internet quotes in your back pocket you will be totally confused because the salesman will be in control and push towards the best gross for his pocket.

Start with the link under navigation " facts to consider before going shopping " and get free quotes on the 2012 model from 2 of the providers that I have listed,,, with these free quotes in hand you will be in control to compare what is best for you,,, if you are financing the 2012 may be a better deal,,, if paying cash the 2011 may be the better deal,,, only you can work this out.

Below is copy/paste from within the website you may have read or missed that will help you along further.

Buying a current model when the new models arrive

This one requires some homework. In most cases you will find the new model year with manufacturer's incentives and rebates to be cheaper to finance or lease than the current model year that the dealer has in inventory.
If you are paying cash and think you are saving money by purchasing the current year model, allow for a depreciation factor in your calculation since the vehicle has effectively aged a year the moment you hit the curb
The best times to buy

" new " When a manufacturer offers special incentives such as rebates or financing on certain models, these special offers have an expiry date in place. There are no other best times.

A new car of 2012 model with Premier Plus package and automatic costs 28k OTD. and this 2011 model one with Premier Plus, Climate, Styling, automatic transmission is priced at 27k OTD. Any suggestions on where I can start on the price? Also I will still be going for finance on the 2011 model.

Ok ,,, you will be doing finance,,, what is the rate for the 2011 compared to the 2012 ?... I don't want to start doing your homework but I think the rates or terms may be better for the 2012 through the Mfg.

your Q leaves holes that I need answers to answer properly,,, if you want email me a phone # and best time to call,,, and let's solve this Q.