Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CarMax

Thanks for your reply, with so many web pages on my site I get lost sometime, thought I covered how a dealer can offer huge for a trade that is worth much less on web page #19.

Not having been on that page for sometime and now reading it, I come to realize the contents got carried away with other area's at the time, the page needs a makeover,,, lol,,, plus a subject line with the statement.

How can a dealer offer $1500.cash for a car - and another dealer offer $4500. in a trade ?

will post in this thread when when the updated web page is ready for view.

Great, glad to ask something that may not have been fully addressed before. And thansk again Ray for your help too as the information has been quite eye opening to say the least.

In the meantime, I have another question and it relates to CarMax, if they (carmax) offered an extended warentty would you place them in the same category as other 3rd party warrenty providers? I know you wrote extensively about the subject on your site, but thought that carmax might be a difference maker in your mind (or maybe not)...

I mentioned CarMax is not perfect, like any other dealership the bottom line is huge profit, buying from CarMax will be same useless warranties. Buying the car is one process,,, once you leave the dealership having purchased an extended warranty you're in the hands of the warranty provider,,, should you have issues cry all you want to the dealer,,, they know deep inside you been a pigeon but their hands are clean, and they feel so bad the warranty they sold you for " example " $2200. they made close to $1000.