Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: costco auto program

Interesting that you wonder about the song and dance... I spec'd what I want, Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed 4WD, SR5, Tow Package, White, just as a baseline to compare...two of the INET salesmen in their emails said 'hey let us know if you get a lower quote we can match or beat it..." $31,072 was the lowest quote so far...

Still waiting on Costco's dealer, they only listed one dealer in the area, will spec out the same vehicle and see how they do...

Still considering Private Party sales as well, I am in no rush to purchase and am a technician by trade (aircraft) so feel comfortable evaluating used, any doubts on the condition and I just walk away...coming up on 200,000 miles on my used 4Runner.

Thanks for the insights.

Jim

Hi Ray,

Just wanted to follow up--

The best price I found was actually through a dealer's internet pricing tool-I got the Costco price from a dealer in town here, then went used the eprice tool from a dealer about an hour north, along with several others. The dealer I went with was 350 dollars cheaper than costco!!

Thanks!!

Just as a note, one dealer actually sent me a price higher than what was listed on their website-- go figure...