welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Put a deposit down... found out about accident.. private seller

Hello,
Car is located in Ontario Canada.
I went to see the vehicle - it looked great could not tell of any accident repair. Due to a recall he could not take the car out for a test drive at the current moment. ran an autocheck no results, the ontario ministry has a title search and it came back with no issues. Guy had multiple interested parties (supposedly). Decided to put a deposit down to purchase the vehicle. Granted I would be able to test drive the vehicle. But in the end got a bit excited and had the seller do an etest and safety to get the car ready for sale. The day of, I ran a Carproof check and the car showed a $15K worth of damage in 2010 prior to the seller purchasing the vehicle. There is no way this was a small fix. I am really angry with ontario and the ability for the insurance angencies and the ministry to hide such a fix on the title of the car. That much damage should have effected the title of the car in my opinion. He states he purchased the vehicle from a dealer in 2010, and that he never knew of the accident. Dealers are supposed to disclose this type of damage. I offered the seller a $100.00 for compensation for the work he did. no dice - he is keeping the deposit in full until the car sells to another buyer - and then he may refund a portion depending on his calculations.

Since all of the the vehicle is re listed with no mention of the accident. This guy either trying to sucker another person that does not run a carproof or will not have the brains to run one.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Put a deposit down... found out about accident.. private seller

Hello, Car is located in Ontario Canada. I went to see the vehicle - it looked great could not tell of any accident repair. Due to a recall he could not take the car out for a test drive at the current moment.

SO HE'S BEEN DRIVING THE CAR AND SUDDENLY GETS A RECALL AND ITS GROUNDED BUT FOR SALE ???? I DON'T WANT TO INSULT YOU SO I WILL REFRAIN FROM MAKING A COMMENT.

ran an autocheck no results

AUTOCHECK AND CARFAX ARE MAINLY GOOD FOR THE US, EVERY CANADIAN DEALER USE CARPROOF.

the ontario ministry has a title search and it came back with no issues.

THERE IS A DIFFERANCE BETWEEN A TITLE SEARCH AND A HISTORY REPORT, I ASSUME YOU ARE REFERRING TO OMVIC ?

Guy had multiple interested parties (supposedly).

SURE HE HAD AND YOU FELL FOR THE PITCH.

Decided to put a deposit down to purchase the vehicle.

WITHOUT EVEN HAVE DRIVEN IT OR HAVING IT INSPECTED, YOU ARE WHAT CURBSIDERS CALL A DREAM COME TRUE,,, IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT A CURBSIDER IS I SUGGEST YOU LOOK UP THE ONTARIO MINESTRY, GOOGLE ' OMVIC '

Granted I would be able to test drive the vehicle. But in the end got a bit excited and had the seller do an etest and safety to get the car ready for sale.

YER YOU GOT EXCITED AND YOUR EMOTIONS TOOK CONTROL, AND IT NEVER ENTERED YOUR BRAIN WHY CAR WAS SUCH A BARGAIN.

The day of, I ran a Carproof check and the car showed a $15K worth of damage in 2010 prior to the seller purchasing the vehicle. There is no way this was a small fix.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT NOT A SMALL FIX, WHAT MADE YOU RUN A CARPROOF SINCE YOU ALREADY HAD AN AUTOCHECK ?,,, WHY DID YOU NOT RUN CARPROOF PRIOR TO LEAVING A DEPOSIT ?,,, THERE IS AN OLD SAYING, BURN ME ONCE BUT NEVER TWICE,,,

I am really angry with ontario and the ability for the insurance angencies and the ministry to hide such a fix on the title of the car.

LOOK I WANT TO BE ON YOUR SIDE OF THE FENCE, BUT THIS STATEMENT IS TOTALLY WRONG, ONTARIO CANADA IS ONE OF THE BEST PROTECTED CONSUMER CAR BUYING FROM DEALERS, BUYING PRIVATE ANYTHING GOES BECAUSE YOUR BUYING ' AS IS '

That much damage should have effected the title of the car in my opinion.

I REPEAT THERE IS A DIFFERANCE BETWEEN TITLE AND HISTORY REPORT

He states he purchased the vehicle from a dealer in 2010, and that he never knew of the accident. Dealers are supposed to disclose this type of damage.

THIS GUY IS A SCUMBAG LIAR , ON THE BILL OF SALE, BY ONTARIO LAW THERE WAS A FIELD ON THE BILL OF SALE FOR HIM TO SIGN TO ACKNOWLEDGE ACCIDENT REPAIR VEHICLE,,,

I offered the seller a $100.00 for compensation for the work he did. no dice - he is keeping the deposit in full until the car sells to another buyer

THIS GUY HAS BEEN DOING THIS A FEW TIMES BEFORE, BUT CAN'T BE TOUCHED UNLESS HE WILL BE CHARGED WITH BEING A CURBSIDER.

and then he may refund a portion depending on his calculations.

YOU WONT SEE A DIME

Since all of the the vehicle is re listed with no mention of the accident. This guy either trying to sucker another person that does not run a carproof or will not have the brains to run one.

WELL,,, AM SURE YOU WILL RUN ONE NEXT TIME,,,

any input would be greatly appreciated.

THIS POST REALLY TICKED ME OFF,,, NEXT CAR YOU GOING TO BUY CONTACT ME BEFORE YOU LEAVE A DEPOSIT.