QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Salvaged

Hey man I was just curious about your take on salvaged titles. I know that a lot of salvaged cars are essentially worthless and just plain unsafe but would you say that there are exceptions out there? Because as i look at more and more salvaged cars, i can't help but think that they don't necessarily deserve that salvaged mark that seems to deem car after car: un-sellable.

Re: Salvaged

Yes there are exceptions with some purchased at excellent prices that just keeps ticking. I suggest taking vehicle to a body shop and pay for an inspection to find out extend of damage, these guys will know within minutes if major or minor along with how safe. Personally I would totally stay away from Flood Damaged Vehicles

Here is a copy/paste from the website in case you missed it

Frame Damage,,, Would you feel comfortable sitting on a chair that you knew had frame damage and now patched together, never mind going down the Hwy sitting on a car frame at 70 Mph. If saving money means more to you than playing Russian roulette with your life go ahead.

Flood Damage,,, Think about the vast series of wires that run throughout the entire car that have been submerged in water for how long ?

Rebuild Engine,,, Many buyers will strike gold without any problems, from a personal viewpoint they just never seem to perform the same as original factory build.

Hailstorm Damage,,, There will only be cosmetic damage, an excellent purchase if you can live with the Bonnie and Clyde appearance.