QUESTIONS - COMMENTS - SUGGESTIONS

Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple

welcome aboard  feel free to post and answer questions

Car Buying Q & A
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
your site

Thanks for the information. For 45 years I've loved automobiles...but HATED buying them. Your perspective is very helpful, and reflects your years in the industry.

I have to ask why you did not include a section on buying from a broker or service such as those offered by Costco and AS AAA? I have several friends that have used independent brokers and buying services and both were highly satisfied with the results. One recently saved over 5K buying a new car through Costco and the other used a broker to get a beautiful late model used car.

In both the cases above, cost price was a factor, but each would tell you that avoiding the dealership experience altogether was equally important.

What is your take on this type of service?

Finally, I have a suggestion for you; while it's plain to see that you know the car business, and I don't want to come across as a "grammar policeman," you do yourself and the credibility of your site a disservice by publishing such great material with so many spelling and grammatical errors. Certainly, you can't be an expert on everything...and I realize this site is strictly a hobby for you; but if you want to present this information in the best possible form, I'd like to suggest having a professional copy editor review it and make the necessary corrections. You will be glad you did.

Re: your site

I really like your post, well written and polite without trying to downgrade my education.

RE, Brokers.... You made my mind spin into gear, yes I could and should add another chapter, if this website was for monetary profit a chapter would have been in place a long time ago, having said that, at this very moment I could recommend Brokers to consumers that don't want to haggle the buying a car,,,,,,,, and get a few bucks should you pursue the link,,,,,,, at my age money is secondary,,,,,,,, But yes it's like buying an extended car warranty there are the few good one's and to many scammers.

Grammar Policeman,,, lol,,, Thanks, I have had some nasty feedback in the past but your made me crack a smile.

My family immigrated from Scandinavia when I was in my upper teens only knowing the English words yes and no did not give me an opportunity to learn the lingo and get a proper education

Professional copy editor,,, You touched a nerve here, and I must be honest when I say it crossed my mind when I first started this site, take on all the scammer affiliates that have approached this site for space and go for personal gain. I would love to see consumers on an even level with dealers but should I also have to lay out money to accomplish ?

Now. if you really want to help me make this a better site to help others simply copy/paste any link with grammar corrections to rayraypaulsen@gmail.com