Grand Power Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GP6- Slide Retraction

I recently bought a GP-6 and I fired it for the first time today. My problem is that the slide would not retract back fully after each shot. I had to manually, by hand, push the slide back fully before I could fire again. I thought it might be the ammo/cartridge but it kept doing the same thing after I changed ammo after the first 50 round box was used up. I did have about 2 or 3 shots when the slide retracted back normally and I was able to keep firing but then the slide gets stuck again and would not fully flush back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: GP6- Slide Retraction

Just further clarifying my original post here. I don't think I explained myself very well. The problem with my GP-6 is that the slide does not go all the way forward while feeding a round into the chamber. This happens when I rack the slide and also after a round has been fired. I had to manually push the slide forward to get the gun to fire the next round. I sent an email to the STI tech rep about this issue and they said I might want to ship the gun back to STI for repairs. However, local gun dealer that I bought gun from told me I should wait until I've fired at least 300 rounds. He seems to think the problem will go away once the gun has been sufficiently fired to work out the "newness". Any suggestions or related experience is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Rick