VOICE OF SIKH YOUTH
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
My hair has been falling out, and im questioning my beliefs on Sikhism

Thanks for replying, so people who have cut hair are they not Sikhs?, because i know some Sikhs with cut hair who are better Sikhs than me.

I have seen Sikhs with hair do some pretty horrible things, unforgivable things, and some are IN MY FAMILY, who have not cut their hair. So i am confused, my family have no interest in Sikhism. And

its a struggle, because im teaching myself.
From the tight pulling on my hair, ihave already lost half of it, from falling out. I have been told that by cutting it, i will be giving it a BETTER CHANCE TO GROW BACK, so im confused; i would be cutting it inorder for it to come back stronger, is that so wrong?

To simply say no, i think is wrong, because there arnt any Guru's around now, im sure that any intelligent Singh would have the intelligence to think that the ideas of sikhism would have changed.

If Guru Gobind was alive now he might have made a new way to follow Sikhism, For Sikhism to surive i feel each person needs to take reaspnsibilty for themselves. If u want to believe in a placebo, and say i would not be a Sikh if i cut my hair maybe wrong or maybe right. Who am i to judge another person.

I beleive in respect, and if that makes me not a Sikh in you eyes, then so be it. Because we only have one life, i do NOT smoke or drink! because i respect my body. I am a unique position and i feel its unfair for u judge and simply say ''u will not be a sikh'', i am more spirutal as i get older, i am a human being, i believe in the beauty of life; of the energy inside of us, and it is obtainable by a belief in ourselves not a belief in a higher being ''God''.

MY HAIR HAS BEEN FALLING OUT, BY MUM AND OLDER SISTER COMBING AND PULLING MY HAIR TIGHTLY FROM 6-10 YEARS. AND THE HAIR AT THE FRONT WILL NEVER GROW BACK, COS NO ONE IN MY FAMILY WAS BOTHERED TO NOTICE WHAT WAS HAPPENING TO ME. I AM DEPRESSED BECAUSE I DONT LOOK LIKE ANOTHER SINGH, AND IF I CUT IT IM A BAD SINGH. I AM VERY DEPRESSED ABOUT IT

Re: My hair has been falling out, and im questioning my beliefs on Sikhism

waheguru ji ka khalsa '
waheguru ji ki fateh

veerji it's hard to say but you've got a lot of wrong ideas
on sikhism.. i htink you are mixing up with punjbai and sikhi
as at where punjabi's stand it's nto a religin but a culture
you can make as many rules as you please and change them
whenever you want... but sikhism is a religion.. it already
has rules made by our guru's.. and our job as sikhs is to folow
them andnot make our own...
i am a moorakh (idiot) and can't answer your questions
althogh i do suggest that you lok for your answers in the guru
granth sahib.. and also dasam granth.. you can get the translations
on sikhnet.com it's pretty easy to go through...
as you said.. sikhs with hair do some pretty horrible things...
well according to the stuff that they do.. they should or shouldn't
be called sikhs.. but we're no one to judge .. the guru judges those..
they might look like a sikh from the outside but no one knows
what they're reall ylike from the inside... if you know who thy realy
are adn you don't c them as a very good person.. you should avoid their
sangat... in fact all that we need to know is taught in the sggs...

as you haev been told thatby cutting or shaving your hair they wil grow
stronger than before... well if they do.. do you think guru ji is going
to be happy. when you believe and call yourself a sikh follow what guru
ji says.. as we are students of the guru.. so follow him and he will help
you out....
veerji it's hard to say.. btu you have too much "main" (pride/ego) in yourself..
you believe that you can get through this life alone.. well you r wrong..
nothing is ours... al is god created.. god has given you this life to improve
yourself... whatever your past deeds are.. and it's hard to share this stuff out
in the open.. i really respect that about you.. but let go of the main believe in god..
and whatever he does is for your on good... .. thank him...
i havn't gone through what you are going through.. so i don't exactly know what's
right or wrong..
veer ji that energy inside of us .. is god.. you believe in that and not a higher being
well. that energy you believe in is god ... i want you to think aould a human create
something like this world.. humans.. universe.. ever wonder how it happened..??
it's in the bani.. read it.. it'll explain eveerything..

stop thinking what others wil say...
you want to become a singh.. stay the way you are.. keep your dastar.. no one knows
whast under there... and keep your faith in god.. waheguru ji will think higher of you..
don't get depressed about it.. ask god for whast better.. you'll get your answer..
KEY to peace is in BANI

i'm sorry if i said anything wrong..
bhul chuk muaaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa
waheguru ji ki fateh