VOICE OF SIKH YOUTH
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: What's with the Sikh youth!

shield bro, khalsa soulja means gangsta in a good way lol....i guess its a form of respect, i sadly use that term sometimes myself [ lol

umm singh i think only SOME people are like that, most sangat i have met actually isn't, it also depends on the way you look at things...sikhs need to be totally humble and they shouldn't expect other people to do stuff for them, because the world is full of corruption and corrupt people...

"leave your misery, forget your shortcomings, and just serve...uplift others in the name of god"

*and even in the darkest nights, im a singh for lyfe, ive got the heart to fight....* so fight singh.. dont let this happen.. share YOUR knowledge with others and spread the luvvv

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

sheild altho i used to take the pis outta you actually your quite a gangsta lol......nice views

Replying to:

Say 'Hello' to Western culture. What is happening is the newer generations of Sikhs are being exposed to, and influenced by, images in Western media, cinema, and other cultural manifestations. Many youth are trying to assimilate the behaviours and attitudes of rough tough gangster rappers, cigarette smoking movie stars, body-baring pop celebrities, etc. Rudeness and meanness are aspects which tend to be encouraged in most venues of Western culture. Many young, impressionable children get the impression that these are the images they have to fulfill in order to be accepted socially. And yes, it is going to affect those children who attend the Gurdwara as well as less religiously-inclined individuals.

This is the detritus of the clash of Western culture with the Sikh community. My advice is to stand and fight it. Otherwise, the Sikh religion is going to shrink, possibly vanish (at least in the West).

How to fight it? Take special care when raising children. Make sure they are aware of everything that goes on around them. Factors that one is blind to will affect the individual subliminally; the more aware one is, the more they can avoid having these factors affect them.

Take countermeasures against western media and cinema. Make movies and TV shows which promote righteous, humble behaviour and healthy living, unlike the Western media and its wickedness, rudeness, meanness, its drinking, smoking, gambling, fornicating and otherwise unhealthy imagery. Promote these shows both within the Sikh community and in the Western community at large - not only will this help protect the integrity of the Sikh community, it will promote such healthy ideals in degenerate Western communities too.

Stand up. Speak out. Fight for what is right.

Sat sri akaal.

Replying to:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ka fateh!

I don't mean to offend anyone at all If I do I'm soo sooo soo sorrry! I don't mean to come in and bash in on the Sikh youth! The Sikh youths are soo awesome I have to give credit

because it's soo awesome seeing them doing kirtan, gatka, tabla, and more sikh things, BUT...The sikh youths i have met are sooo rude and mean, So mean I stopped going to the gurdwara because i was afraid that they mite say sumthing mean to me, not only me but others I have seen...My question is how can we stop this! This shouldn't be happening everybody should be able to go to the gurdwara and listen to beautiful kirta, do seva, hang around with gursikhs.. My goal was to stay out of truble and so i did I went into Sikhi i love everything about it n sadhsanagat, but now sangat-sikh youth ppl around me Sikhs around me are bringing me down ruining my peace of mind..I don't want this to happen to anyone else...it's not a nice thing....So please if your at the gurdwara and see a lost Singh or Singhnee give them a hand talk to them share your knowledge about sikhi with them, teach them, All I ever hear about these days is oh theres no Sikh youth there all drinking, dating, partying, etc...Well this can stop IF we help out...TRUST ME! SO Please Don't be mean or rude...have LOVE and helping out your sisters and brothers is the best thing to do it's the best BEST SEVA in the WORLD!

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa waheguroo ji ka fateh